Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 21......

Week 21: June 2nd– June 8th : Baby is the size of……A SPAGHETTI SQUASH


Baby girl is now 10.5 inches long and weighs one whole pound! Way to go little lady! We had another very busy week, but another good one. I was absolutely slammed at work. My lab work is piling up by the day and teaching is keeping me really busy as well. I am still swimming at lunches and taking Moose on big long walks. I definitely think that staying active has really helped with my energy levels and overall body comfort. Except this dang rib pain is still lingering……I spoke too soon and thought it was gone .

This weekend I went to Canmore for a girlfriend's stagette. We went on a beautiful hike (see pics), went out for an amazing dinner and then spent the night in chalet's. There were 18 of us and it was a total blast.....even as the sober pregnant girl. I am really starting to enjoy being the only sober one at these events because I always get to be everyone's memory. Fun for me, maybe not for them haha!




This week was also the first week I realized that I will need to start to slow down a little bit. I am embracing this new bod just fine and love my bump but I am having a hard time remembering that I can’t go full tilt all day every day and not feel like I’ve been hit by a Mack truck at night. I think I am starting to learn this lesson now so I will “try” to relax and take my time a bit more. Not an easy feat for me. Chris has also been super busy at the clinic so between the two of us we are quite zombie like by the end of the night. We have started to make plans for the nursery decor, ie. paint colour, and will paint next weekend. Stay tuned for updates:)

this tank top is starting to sneak up my belly hehe



How far along: 21 weeks   
Total weight gain: About 11 or 12 lbs
Stretch marks: So far so good
Sleep:  Really great for the most part
Miss anything? Nada. I feel very used to this new lifestyle. I always thought I would miss having a glass of wine, surprisingly, I don’t at all.
Movement: Lots of movement. This little lady is getting very strong and we can see her kicking from the outside of my belly now too!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope I’m feeling great
Have you started to show? Absolutely, there is no hiding this bump now
Gender prediction: GIRL
Wedding rings on or off? ON
Happy or Moody: HAPPY
Looking forward to? Painting the nursery and starting to decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment