Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Sew Day........

Today I had a random urge to sew some goodies for two of my favorite girls. I made my niece Lenari a little sundress that was super easy and inexpensive to make. I have been noticing lately, a lot of fabric stores and even Wal-mart, have bolts of this kind of fabric. It has the elastic top part of the dress already sewn into it and sometimes even a hem! All this dress takes is a measurement of the new owners chest and one quick pass with a sewing machine....and Wa-la a cute little sundress:)


My next project was to make a blanket for my gf at home's little princess Cala. Of course I couldn't resist the urge to make something Florida-esque.....although I don't like the overbearing gator gear. I thought this was the perfect compromise. I used the UF fleece on the front and a cute flower flannel for the back and border. I'm really happy with how this turned out and think it will be a cozy little blanket for Cala!


1 comment: