Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Weeks 23 & 24

Week 23: June 16th– June 22nd : Baby is the size of……AN EAR OF CORN (8.5 inches and 1.5 lbs)

I was really bad and forgot to take a belly shotL oops! A picture of the painted nursery will have to do. At first I was scared that the colour we chose was too blue but after a couple of days of drying it turned into the perfect combo of blue and mint and I absolutely love the way it is looking. I think this colour makes the nursery cheery and bright and once the rest of the furniture and décor are in I think we will have a hit!





This week was an eventful one. The work week started off with a bang….literally. We had an explosion in our lab that was quite scary. Thankfully, no one was hurt and all that was lost was a lot of equipment and some dishes. I’m sure most people know from watching the news that Southern Alberta had some serious flooding this week as well. We got about 2 months of rain inside of 48 hours which led to the Bow river flooding the city. The devastation has been awful and it is so sad to hear of all of the families losing their homes and being displaced. Thankfully ALL of the Kaiser’s live in the far NW of the city and stayed high and dry. A midst all of the sadness, I like to look for the silver lining, and mine was that the University was closed on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. This ended up giving me a 5 day weekend and seeing that we weren’t supposed to leave our homes it was the perfect time to put my feet up and do a whole lot of relaxing J Something I don’t do very often and I felt great after!

How far along: 23 weeks   
Total weight gain: 13 lbs. I was weighed at the Dr. this week……Not that I mind, but I have never seen that number on the scale before J
Stretch marks: Nada
Sleep: Great!
Miss anything? Walking up a flight of stairs and not feeling like an asthmatic
Movement: lots and lots with this little acrobat
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing. Feeling great!
Have you started to show? Most definitely
Gender prediction: Little Miss
Wedding rings on or off? ON
Happy or Moody: Happy!
Looking forward to? Finishing up the nursery…..I can feel the nesting urges coming on strong.

Week 24: June 23rd– June 29th : Baby is the size of……AN EGGPLANT (9 inches (crown to rump aka head to bum) and 1.7 lbs)

As mentioned last week, this week kicked off with 2 days of work. It was glorious! And then reality hit…..since this week was supposed to be the week I gave my students their finals, work has been bonkers. So I got 2 days off but then the 3 days I was at work felt like 8 days crammed into 3 trying to re-organize everything and keep the students happy, which is no easy feat! The best part of this week was ending off with another long weekend to celebrate Canada Day! Chris and I are pretty excited about this since we have been out of the country and haven’t celebrated in a long time J Bring on the bbq’s!!!


How far along: 24 weeks   
Total weight gain: I’m guessing about 14lbs because at this point I’m supposed to be gaining a pound a week
Stretch marks: none to report. PHEW!
Sleep: Great!
Miss anything? The comfort of my normal body haha
Movement: A lot. This little lady is a little sassy too and now whenever Chris talks to my belly she stops moving. As soon as he takes his hand away she starts kicking up a storm today. She is already giving her Daddy a hard time and I love it J
Anything making you queasy or sick: having an appetite and eating is the last thing I need to worry about! I want to eat everything in sight!
Have you started to show? Feeling more large and in charge every day
Gender prediction: Little Miss
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!

Looking forward to? Seeing my parents and hosting them for Stampede!!!

We hope every one had a wonderful Canada Day weekend
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment