Thursday, October 14, 2010

Moose, Gators, Tigers, and a Turkey.....

I know this post is coming a little late into the week but things have been a bit hectic. This past weekend was a great one! We started off the weekend on Friday night with me breaking in my brand new sewing machine:) I have been wanting one for a long time and I finally caved and got one! I wanted to start with a small project so I decided to make my main man Moose a little bed for his crate. Believe it or not it is starting to get chilly at night in Florida so I figured he could use a cozy upgrade. I found a really cute flannel fabric at Wal-mart of all places. Here is a close up of the pattern:


And the finished product.


It was a very simple project to start out with but it was a good way to get used to the sewing machine.....especially since I haven't used one since high school home ec! At first Moose was not sure what to think
But finally I got his approval:) Now he is very proctective of his crate bed. If I take it out or even start to go near it he runs over and sits on it.....I guess this is his way of saying thank-you.



The next day was a big day in Gator Football.....which by the way, you have to be CRAZY about if you live in Gainesville or you will be crucified. As usual we headed to the Tailgate to cheer on the Gators as they played the LSU tigers. Unfortunately, we lost:( This is the second loss in a row for us......which hurts when you are used to winning all the time. Here are a couple pics from the tailgate with some good friends.



This is a group shot of the Fosters challenge. I do not recommend taking this challenge. The beer is gross, it gets warm because it takes forever to drink and it makes you very drunk, very fast. Which = sloppy. It is a Florida tradition for everyone to drink one an hour before kickoff. This is a tradition I do not take part in very often even though I have been told I'm not respected for it, in the nicest way possible of course:)


Even the puppies were pooped by the end of the day.









Sunday was a big day for us. Every year Chris and I make a Turkey for Thanksgiving and invite our Canadian and American friends over to help us celebrate. This year we had a great turn-out and a tonne of delicious food. We had a total of 24 people in attendance. We had 7 Canadians there and were supported on our holiday by 17 great American friends. Who can complain about 2 Thanksgivings a year?


The boys even managed to squeeze in some corn-hole outside.......which was great because our apartment is not big enough to have 24 people in!

So between sewing, tailgating, cooking and celebrating things have been pretty busy. Chris and I definitely miss home, and miss family and friends but life here in Florida is always good. Having such an amazing group of friends in Gainesville is definitely what we are so thankful for. They have helped make Florida feel more like home and certainly are like family to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment