Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Alberta Bound.....

Life for the Kaiser Clan has been pretty nuts since August. In August I FINALLY graduated!!!! Can you believe it.....Kelly is not a student anymore haha. My graduation was such an amazing and special time. This was honestly the only graduation I actually wanted to attend and it was a great way to celebrate the end of a really long road. What made my graduation so special was having both my incredible parents and in-laws with Chris and I. It meant the world to me that the four of them made the trip to celebrate the day.
Finally a graduate!

My biggest handsome hubs and greatest support!
Everyone got to graduate that day.....

Kimmy and I right before saying bye with a lot of tears:(
Dani and I on my last day in Florida Gym



The next thing on our agenda after graduation day was to have a going away and grad party. We were so happy to have all of our friends get together for one last hoorah! Dani and Darren were awesome and offered up their place for the party. It was such a great time and really the best way we could have imagined making our transition out of Gainesville. There were definitely a lot of tears that day as we made such incredible friends in Florida that we miss so dearly.


Sim my graduation buddy and I.....finally celebrating the end!!!


The next day was moving day and boy was it weird to see our little apartment empty. Our last apartment in Gainesville was our home for our last 3 years and our first as a married couple. Although 3 years doesn't sound like a long time, it is by Gainesville/Graduate school standards. We made so many wonderful memories in that apartment and will certainly cherish all of those important times we shared there with our friends and family.

au revoir apt #106, thanks for the memories


After emptying out the apartment we spent one last night with some of our dearest friends in the south. The next morning was nothing short of heart wrenching having to say our "see ya soons". After a whole lot of hugs and tears we hit the road with our two vehicles, Mum and Dad and Moose as our co-pilot.





The trip north west was nothing short of fantastic. We had an absolute blast and I am so happy we got to share the trip with my parents. Our first stop was in Nashville and was also Chris and I's first wedding anniversary....what a way to celebrate eh! move accross the continent. I think it was actually quite appropriate to celebrate one big milestone with another!

  
Dad, Chris and I also snagged a really great deal when we found a boot shop in Nashville that sold three pairs of boots for the price of one! Who would pass up this awesome deal?! 

The travelling Larkin-Kaiser clan in Wall, South Dakota 



Mt. Rushmore was unbelievably impressive. I'm so glad we made sure this was en route.



Deadwood South Dakota was definitely the fan favorite stop of the trip. Mum and I even gambled haha. Chris and Dad thought this was the greatest little town they had ever seen and we all had a total blast

 

 

 Dad was in all his glory with all of the historical land marks we got to stop at


This is Montana Moose. One last state along the trip and it was definitely his favourite with all of the wide open spaces he got to run around in when we stopped



One last pit stop State side at the duty free before heading across the border. Moose knew the way.....

And can you believe it......after 5 days in the car, alot of great sight seeing and an overall awesome trip with fabulous memories made, we were finally in Calgary!


No comments:

Post a Comment